BumperDoc Santee offers high quality auto body and paint repair service backed by a lifetime warranty. We work with your insurance company to get your vehicle repaired right with quick turnaround times. We utilize state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and products to ensure your repair will last and look beautiful for years to come. There's a reason customers keep coming back!
Our technicians have decades of combined experience in auto body repair, combining traditional methods with current innovations to give you the best results possible. In the repair industry, many damaged metal panels that could be repaired are currently replaced, because of convenience, tradition, or a lack of skill or technology.
About Insurance Claims
Being involved in an auto accident can be stressful and confusing. You want your car repaired as quickly as possible and contact your insurance company to start the process. There are several things you should know before proceeding with getting your vehicle fixed. California Insurance Code 758.5 prohibits your insurance carrier from requiring you to get the work done at one of their "preferred" body shops. DRPs (Direct Repair Shops ) are shops that an insurance company has a deal with to provide repairs at a certain cost. It has been alleged that these shops can only meet the insurance company's estimates by doing less than thorough work. To compound matters, if a claimant wishes to take his/her car to a shop of their own choice the insurance company may refuse to pay the hourly labor charge, effectively steering the claimant back to the DRP shop where inadequate repairs may occur. This would seemingly be a direct violation of 758.5.
A Consumer is Entitled to:
- Select the auto body repair shop to repair auto body damage covered by the insurance company.
- An insurance company shall not require the repairs to be done at a specific auto body repair shop.
- An itemized written estimate for auto body repairs and upon completion of repairs, a detailed invoice. The estimate and the invoice must include an itemized list of parts and labor along with the total price for the work performed. The estimate and invoice must also identify all parts as new, used, aftermarket, reconditioned or rebuilt.
- Be informed about coverage for towing and storage services.
- Be informed about the extent of coverage if any, for a replacement rental vehicle while a damaged vehicle is being repaired.
- Be informed of where to report suspected fraud or other complaints and concerns about auto body repairs.
- Seek and obtain an independent repair estimate directly from a registered auto body repair shop for repair of a damaged vehicle, even when pursuing an insurance claim for repairing the vehicle.